Sunday 13 February 2011

Music for bionic listeners - concert day!

It’s ‘Concert Day’ – sort of! It’s after midnight anyway. And I should be in bed resting up, but am feeling a little flat after watching my football team lose twice in the one night. Should be used to it, I suppose, but with football only just starting up again for the year, I need to slowly wean myself into the disappointing losses once more. For my Aussie readers: I’m a mad (in all senses of the word) Tigers supporter, if you didn’t realise already.


But, tonight’s game is in the past now – I’m done with devoting my Saturday to sports, and ready to devote my Sunday to the arts. (Do I epitomise the typical Melburnian, or what??!)


I’m so excited about tonight’s musical concert in Melbourne presented by the Bionic Ear Institute. A team of composers, lead by Robin Fox, are set to perform a variety of musical compositions. They have been written especially for people with cochlear implants, but it’s also hoped the music will reach out to people with hearing aids and people with ordinary hearing.

If you live in Melbourne and haven’t bought tickets yet, what are you waiting for??! Visit this site right now and be a part of yet another Melbourne milestone for cochlear implant research:

For those who live elsewhere or can’t make it, I will post details regarding any media publicity for the event as details come to hand. I’ll be reviewing the concert for the next issue of CICADA magazine. I may also be able to post a link to an ABC recording at some stage, fingers crossed. 

In the meantime, for my regular readers – here’s a sneak peek at my processor covers for the event, as promised. :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment