Wednesday 14 July 2010

Piano video, as requested ;-)


Have been asked by a couple of my CI buddies to post a video of myself playing the piano, so here I am, playing Debussy's Clair de Lune. This was my concert piece last year, but there are still parts I hope to improve. Hope you enjoy it.

PS: I don't know much about video. Apologies for the poor resolution. And if you hear a hissing sound in the background, it is not your sound processor it's the cheap microphone in our (clearly overpriced) camera. :-D

PPS: This is Clair de Lune. Yes. Debussy. It is not: 'The Twilight Song'. (!)

5 comments:

  1. Enjoyed the video! It's amazing to think that technically you are deaf , but with cochlear implants you are still able to play and enjoy music! That is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daniela thank you for your lovely performance. I admire your ability to enjoy music once again with your cochlear implants. Bravo! EllenBR

    ReplyDelete
  3. It truly is an amazing invention, isn't it? I feel the same sense of amazement every time I talk to somebody on the phone. (Do they REALISE they're talking to a deaf person?!!!) Or every time somebody stops me in the street to ask me for directions. (They really must wonder why I'm grinning so stupidly! No wonder tourists think we Aussies are friendly!)

    Glad you both enjoyed the video. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so proud of you it brings a tear to my eye everytime I hear you playxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Rita, that means a lot. :-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete