Friday 5 March 2010

Post-surgery entertainment

Tony sings: "Tonight, tonight, it all began tonight …"

Yes, well after tonight, it’s official: West Side Story is well and truly off the list of movies I’m allowed to watch when I’m recovering from my CI surgery in a couple of weeks. (*sniffs*)

Why? Because I've just remembered we are not supposed to blow our noses for two weeks after the surgery! Oh dear … and I thought the three weeks of silence would be the greatest challenge!

I’ve been told that I cry at everything and – oops. It’s kinda true.
OK, new goal. No unnecessary crying during the two weeks after surgery.

What does this mean for that neat floor pile of ‘recovery movies’ I’ve stacked up for myself? Well, let’s take a look.
The sixth Harry Potter movie? Out. The Boy in Striped Pyjamas? Out. My Sister’s Keeper? (Not going to bother answering that one.) Marley and Me? Out, out … waaaaaay out. (*Pile of DVDs suddenly halves*)

It’s OK, because there’s always television. Um … except for the news. I cry at the news. Oh Cold Case, yep, banish that. Oh and that animal rescue show? Well I’m already not allowed to watch that anyway. (House rule. I cry happy tears too, you see.)

Well it’s a good thing I’m a major bookworm, eh? OK … better just put ‘The Notebook’ to the side … and …

You know what? Cooking. That’s what I can do. I’ll try out all those extravagant recipes I’ve looked at for ages and become a cooking connoisseur! Now, where do we keep the onions …

(At this point, my cat Pheebs plants herself on my remaining pile of DVDs and starts licking herself … stops … stares at me indignantly … and continues.)

Ahhhh … (*deafeated*)

So I guess I’ll just be updating this blog then. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment