Monday 23 May 2011

Impending labour symptom # 1


Our son was born one month premature, as I think I might have mentioned on here. It is tricky, in a first pregnancy, to recognise genuine labour symptoms. For me, there were a couple of major hearing-related ones that I’ll be sure not to ignore the next time around.

The first one?

When tinnitus starts roaring for seemingly no reason at all, recognise that there are serious hormonal issues at play and be prepared!

My tinnitus is always present but it is reasonably quiet when both processors are on. However, about two weeks before I gave birth to our son, those ringing and roaring sounds became so loud and distracting that I barely had the energy to try and listen over them.

I’ll never forget the silence that greeted me the morning after my c-section. At first I thought I wasn’t wearing my processors … but I was. Then I realised what was so different – the tinnitus had quietened down again. Thank goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment