Wednesday 8 September 2010

Note to self


Next time you decide to sing from The Beach Boys Golden Hits at the top of your lungs while you’re preparing dinner, you might want to check that the front door is shut, first. Else those musical sounds might suddenly be accompanied by the door bell, a loud cough (which I’m willing to bet was actually a chuckle), and your own voice saying ‘oh crap’.


No, Avon lady, I don’t want to purchase any … what’s that? Make-up? Blush, huh? Um … no. My face is sufficiently coloured at the moment. As you can probably tell. Erm … thanks anyway.

Oops. (I’m sure she smirked as she walked off. Even though she had her back turned. I could just tell.)

Oh well, back to it. And, you know what? The front door is just going to have to stay open because I want to hear the birds!

But maybe I should choose music from the 21st century.

Or at least learn to sing in tune. ;-)

Right … next song on the playlist … a nice 21st century Michael Buble cover of ‘Come Fly With Me’.

Is that cheating? Too bad.

Here I go again.

(If the next door-to-door person has any sense, they will try and sell me singing lessons instead.)

No comments:

Post a Comment