Friday 4 June 2010

Splash!

Introducing another metallic surface for my CI magnet to play with:

The kitchen sink.

I keep the CI drying case plugged in to a power point near the kitchen sink. The other night, I reached up to my left ear and took off the sound processor, coil and cable. I was just about to put it inside the overnight container when, through the right CI, I heard a:

TING!

Then a:

PLOP!

Then a:

SPLASH!

What just happened? And why was my face wet?

I looked at the CI parts still in my hand. Then I saw a full glass of water in the kitchen sink. With a magnet floating inside!!

I burst out laughing and took the glass down to the study out of sheer fascination, to show Jase.

‘What is that??’ he said, peering into the glass at the loose thing bobbing about on the bottom.

When I finally stopped laughing, I explained that the magnet in the headpiece must have been a bit loose (I’d been fiddling with it earlier that day). It had popped out when it was drawn to the kitchen sink, but bounced off and fell in the glass of water instead.

As I wiped the drops of water off my face, I made a mental note to never leave the parts anywhere near the kitchen sink … lest the processors themselves feel like coming for a ride next time. (Well at least the drying container would be nearby right?!)

What funny moments our CIs give us! 

No comments:

Post a Comment