Tuesday 1 June 2010

Being a fridge magnet

Have I tried sticking things to my head yet?

Of course.

Those little magnets that came with the Doodle sketcher. They were the first to go on. (They fell off.)

Why not have a little fun, eh?

(Jase, if you are reading this, that does not mean I’ve warmed to the idea of you sticking a bottle opener on my head. Sorry. )

But imagine my surprise when I first experienced the sticking of myself onto another object.

Ever wondered what it’s like to be a fridge magnet?

I found that out for myself the other day when I leaned over to move some stuff around to the back of the fridge, then very suddenly found my head stuck to the freezer door.

I blinked. Confused.

Then I burst out laughing as I realised what had happened.

Jase turned around to see what I was laughing at, and I showed him ‘my new refrigerator party trick’.

Because my hair was tied up over and around the coils, the processor stayed right where it was and my whole head was drawn to the freezer door!

Cool!

(No pun intended!)

4 comments:

  1. Yes I'm still reading, and about to print off the next batch to send to my Mum who also enjoys the read. Also once again re the above blog, SMALL THINGS.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Small things, I know, I know - I shall entertain you with that one next time I see you, don't worry. ;-)

    Glad you are both enjoying the blog. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. It can be quite funny! I remember standing in my office doorway, leaning on the doorframe, talking to someone - then suddenly the magnet detached itself from my head and attached itself to the doorframe! I don't think the other girl quite knew how to react so I laughed enough for both of us (and still smile thinking of it). I've been stuck to the fridge door and car doors too...

    ...but my real party trick is a couple of teaspoons stuck on each side of my head. Confuses people no end. Hint: you have to make sure they're light teaspoons or they fall off! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Teaspoons!! Cool!! Ah, you're an old hand at this game ... much more creative than my trick!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete