Friday 2 April 2010

A tribute to Dr Seuss ... Live from the Waiting Place

Five sleeps to go!
(I've behaved, from here in 
but it turns out my patience
is starting to thin.)


When restlessness sets
the techniques one deploys
make a pesky, pestiferous
noise that annoys!

Be it pen clicking,
feet tapping,
zippers that snag!
Tongue ticking, 
nails rapping, 
footsteps that drag!

Sniffs of the nose, 
and sighs from within. 
(Thank goodness I can't
hear this horrible din!)

But good sense prevails:
I should try and stay quiet,
lest Jason and Pheebs
aren't enjoying this riot.

Breathe deeply I must,
in this mad 'Waiting Place',  
for Wednesday approaches 
at too slow a pace!

2 comments:

  1. Wow it is really getting close! Perhaps it's the excitement that is nearing!

    Hmmm, I wonder if Jase has recorded some of the wonderful sounds and music you are making and compiling a CD for you to hear after switch-on???

    You are wonderful - you've made us so aware of things we are not usually aware of - thank you! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, G - the people (and pets) who put up with me are wonderful. ;-)

    Jase has recorded my piano playing in the past, and I hope to listen to it in the future, depending on how the music rehabilitation goes. (Have to focus on speech rehabilitation first.) The hard work starts next week - I should just sit back and enjoy these last few days!

    ReplyDelete